(#257) Sue Falsone, author and sports performance training expert, joins the podcast this week for an in-depth discussion about her latest work.
Sue Falsone is the Founder of Structure and Function Education and Falsone Consulting who’s a return guest on the podcast.
She has an amazing background in Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, and Strength & Conditioning and now she’s the author of a breakthrough book “Bridging The Gap From Rehab To Performance.”
Here’s what you’ll learn about this week:
- The highlight of her professional career
- What was the most challenging time in her career
- Looking back, is there anything she’d change?
- What role does she identify with the most?
- How she juggled the roles of clinician and strength & conditioning specialist
- What it means to “bridge the gap”and why she wrote the book?
- Who Sue says will benefit from her work the most
- How to get the most from the book – no matter your background
- Sue discusses her book writing process – how this book got done!
- Her secret to getting things done (what works for her)
- How her system was developed through the years
- The seminar that initiated the system
- The simple explanation of the “bridge the gap” system
- An fundamental understanding of the process (or continuum)
- Is there a most important part to this system?
- A detailed explanation of the “pain to performance” system
- What’s most important to understand in the process?
- Can this approach be applied to the non-athlete?
- The truth about scientific evidence – and how to use it
- What can be cone better in the research world
- Understand the role of the nervous system in performance (good & bad)
- How she uses breathing and relaxation practices
- The 2 functions of the diaphragm muscle
- How she incorporates breathing exercises herself
- Thoughts about “the current state of physical therapy”
- The BIG action step after hearing this interview…
Get value from this podcast?
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Created for the serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters around the world.
There’s truly a gap between the rehab professional and the fitness professional.
Sue’s new book helps to “bridge the gap” between each side.
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.
Source: Rdella Training